Packing advice part 2
And so it continues from our last He Van packing advice… Time to plan ahead!
Be sure to also check out our removal and packing tips advice part 1 needed for He-Van removals. Simple guidelines to make the move a whole lot easier.
You can buy packing / removal / storage boxes directly from the He-Van website, check this link out.
We supply a complete range of cardboard moving boxes, packing boxes, storage boxes and packing materials especially designed for people moving house. We want to ensure your house move gets off to the best possible start!
He-Van, Movers of the Universe offers FREE next working day packing materials delivery on many items in stock and FREE delivery on all items over £30 for postcodes within England, Wales and Scotland (Excluding Highlands, Northern Ireland and Channels Islands).
Right!!! On with the He Van packing advice – Part 2
1. Pack one room at a time, labeling each box with a description of its contents and its destination (e.g., kitchen, bathroom). Be as specific as you can as it will make unpacking that much easier.
2. Keep the weight of your boxes reasonable. If at all possible, put heavy items in small boxes to make them easier to carry.
3. Don’t apply tape directly to polished or painted wood finishes. Removing the tape could ruin the surface.
4. Double-box fragile items and add plenty of cushioning. Write fragile on the box!
5. Pack essentials separately in a separate box, Think of those items that you will need first hand in your new home, the kettle and some mugs for example! He-Van calls this the last box out, first box in!
6. When everything is packed and ready to load, make sure the items you need least are loaded first. Again, common sense is essential when loading the van.
7. Prepare for the first night in your new home by packing essential items in a separate bag and carrying it with you. You may even want to prepare a simple meal that you can heat and serve on your first night.
7a. For each person in the household: a change of clothes, a towel, prescription drugs, a toothbrush, and other personal items.
7b. For everyone: plastic utensils, paper plates, paper towels, plastic cups, toilet paper, toiletries, trash bags, a flashlight, first aid kit including pain relievers, pencil and paper, snacks, beverages, and re-closable plastic bags.
7c. Small tool kit for re-assembling items that couldn’t be moved whole.
Packing for moving with good technique and the right materials can mean an easier move and fewer chipped dishes. You can call He-Van, Movers of the Universe on 0779 5678 200 to discuss your move, no matter how small or large it is and remember we now have access to the cheapest secure mid – long term storage in Brighton from just £19.50 a week plus fire insurance (discounts available for long-term storage).